Tuesday, December 17, 2013

September 17 VIP Mets

You ever have the feeling that something won't work? You know,then you do it anyway? Well that's what happened to me and Mr.Wilpon with the Mets.

It was a Monday in August when I was in my Manhattan office and I remembered how happy I was when I got to meet Mr. Wilpon a while back so before I left to the subway to go back home I decided to email Mr.Wilpon a question. I basically told him I am a Mets fan and how if I would be able to come down to Citi Field,interview a player or two I would be forever grateful.

After sending the email I said "ok,I did my part,now god please help me". I never take my phone out on the train for safety reasons but when I felt my iPhone buz I had to check it assuming maybe it was Mr. Wilpon. I look at my phone and see an email from Jeff Wilpon. I was ready to scream! I open the email and he told me to follow up with Jay Horwitz,who is the mets very well known pr manager. Me and Jay then scheduled the day to be September 17,Mets VS SF Giants.

I wake up on the 17th at about 4:00 AM out of excitement and I dawn my brand new suit which I bought to wear when I meet the Mets. At about 1:00 I start to head to citi field. When my train arrives I see citi field surrounded by a beautiful sunny bright, blue sky.

I enter the stadium through the Hodges and I am told by the PR assistant,Ethan Wilson,to follow him. I follow him and I walk in to the Mets conference room! He told me to sit down and take a picture.

I didn't sit down out of respect to all the legends who have sit in this exact seat. I was ready to shriek but it only gets better.

I follow Ethan out of this room into a long hallway. I start to walk down the hallway and I hear "Whack", "Whoosh", and many other kind of noises. As I go down the hallway it gets louder and louder. I then walk in to the Mets 1st baseman Lucas Duda, and believe me I was star struck. I told him " What's up Lucas?" he responded "Nothing Much,I'll see you in a few." I walk a bit more and suddenly the noises stoped, but then I see Eric Young JR walking out of the indoor batting cages and I say "YO ERIC" he was so nice to me.

I then move on to the dugout and being interviewed in there is Travis D'arnaud. I waited until he was finished and asked for an autograph and a picture.
 As soon as he left I decided to get closer to the field and on the "Wright" was David Wright ( Mets All star 3rd baseman.) I was watching him take pre batting practice practice. When he was done we took a picture and he signed for me my jersey and baseball.

Then I got to meet all the players as they were walking in and out of the field for equipment ETC..

They they gave me free really good tickets and was told to enjoy the game. It was so AMAZING!

Can't wait to go back for 2014.


Watch the two interviews that I did at citi field on my website www.universalinterview.com

My sincere Thanks,
Michael Gruen,
Sports Blogger | Interviewer  | Journalist | Entrepreneur |Social Media Maven 
Twitter:Interviewking1
Mobli: UniversalInterview