Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My first Nets game

Last week Tuesday I was invited by a family member who has Courtside Season tickets, to a game with him. I arrive at the Barclays Center subway stop with a surreal feeling and butterflies in my stomach. I gett of the train and see hundreds of people around. The sight was amazing and nothing I have ever seen in my 15 years of living in Brooklyn.   I then make my way up the elevator to the Calvin Klein VIP club. I was amazed on how well it was designed and how brilliant it was.
I make it over to the Kosher Food stand prepared to pay for the food I took,but there's no register or workers to take the money. So I go over to a Nets employee and he told me it was FREE. Perfect! I'll take triples!

I then make my way to my seats which where located 2nd row directly opposite the home players bench. After chanting "Let's GO BROOKLYN" for about an hour it was half time. We walk out and go near the locker rooms and meet Nets VP Leo Ehrline. I started to talk to him and he handed me his card and told me to email him. Can my night get any better? I didn't think so until I met the Nets mascot. 

I then start walking to my seats and I see i
former Nuggets,Celtics Player who was a 2x all star who was also the GM of the nuggets, former NJ Net coach and current NBA VP of basketball operations. His name is Kiki Vandeweghe ,standing 6"8 he was one of the nicest people ever!  We took a picture together and it was such a pleasure meeting him! I also got his email address and I will be interviewing him in January! So excited!

After going back to my seat to the right of me, was Rapper Fabulous. He was also very nice! Took a picture together And spoke for a few minutes. 

THIS DAY WAS GREAT!!!!!