Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Is there more to the NBA then the teams themselves?

Is there more to the NBA then the teams themselves? 

I am happy to report that the answer is YES! The NBA consists of people of the highest caliber and people who like to be a class act. I personally have met three major NBA executives (David Robinson, Kiki Vandeweghe and Rod Thorn). I have stayed in touch with Kiki and David. The NBA is represented by people who are dignified and all have a story. I would like to fill you in on a short bio of the three executives I have met:

Rod Thorn: He drafted Michael Jordan when he was GM of the Bulls and he is responsible for the best trade in Nets history,trading for Jason Kidd. Besides for Jason's exceptional style on and off the court he is also the current Nets head coach.
Kiki: Kiki is an amazing person. He is a former player for the Trail Blazers and was also head coach for the Nets. He was drafted in the first round and had an amazing career as a GM,coach and player. He is now the NBA VP of Basketball operations.




R to L- Mirza Teletovic,Issac,me
David Robinson: David is someone who is friendly and caring. I have had a lot of contact with him over the last month and everything he does is because he cares. He personally has helped my friend Issac and I numerous times. He has recently become one of my inspirations and mentors. He has taught me to have confidence in what I do. 

He was telling me stories about himself and how he was supposed to be a player. Unfortunately due to an injury he is doing the second best thing by being an executive in the NBA. 

I am glad I am able to say I have met and know Mr. Robinson